CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
bindy77
Level 1: Cadet

Keep your email address But not broadband service

Answered

We wish to retain our BigPond email address but change our isp. We still have mobiles and iPads connected to the Telstra service so we have active accounts, is this possible? We are happy to pay for the email accounts. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Keep your email address But not broadband service

Hi All 

We do now offer an email retention service to allow you to keep your email address and change providers. 

We've called this our Subscribed Mailbox service and a Subscribed Mailbox is free for the first 12 months and then $79 every year after that.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 20: Director

Hi, Bindy77,

I'm afraid that's not possible as your BigPond email address is connected to your BigPond service. If you cancel your service you'll lose the email address attached to it.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
Level 21: Augmented

With Internet providers being easily to change, I'd suggest you not use your ISP's email account for registration of any other househole services, forums etc.

Use a Gmail account, as your main email account, which willl make it easier to move ISP's in the future.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi All 

We do now offer an email retention service to allow you to keep your email address and change providers. 

We've called this our Subscribed Mailbox service and a Subscribed Mailbox is free for the first 12 months and then $79 every year after that.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Level 20: Director

Hi, @Steph.

This must be a recent thing. A great idea for those who have relied on their  email address for a while and wish to retain it. Thank you for letting us all know. 👍🏿

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

You're right there Tezz - definitely very recent.
No more than a couple of months tops. 

I have to say I'm really glad to see it  - it's so much better being able to offer the retention of a mailbox now.  

Ghilly
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Steph

How do I access this service ? I found another communication from Telstra about this that says to log in and click "Start" then link your existing service to the email. I can't find this anywhere after logging into my account.

Also can you keep any other additional emails as we have business emails @bigpond.com and would like to ensure these remain active.

I don’t have a Telstra Home Broadband service but I have another Telstra service/s

To continue to access your mailbox, at no charge for 12 months, log in using your Telstra email address and password, then click ‘Start’.

You can link your mailbox to your existing Telstra service/s by entering either your Telstra account number or Telstra phone number.

Once you’ve linked it, your mailbox will be automatically retained.

We’ll then get in touch with you before the 12 months is up to see if you want to pay to renew your mailbox for a further 12 months.

Johnt1
Level 2: Rookie

Hi,

just wondering how we go about getting, or better word is Keeping this subscribed mailbox after or before terminating our Telstra NBN ?

Either way, can it be done online or do we have to call and wait for hours?

I wont have any Telstra services at all to log into, only the email address user@bigpond.com which is what I want to keep.

Regards,

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now