Highlighted
DJRo
Level 1: Cadet

LAN by ethernet cable

Answered

I have just installed my new T-Gateway and connected it to  the NBN. It works well as a wireless sytem and my devices are connected to it wirelessly.  I can connect my laptop via ethernet cable by directly running the cable from the Gateway to my laptop my ethernet port. However my home has ethernet plugs in each room so that I can plug my TV, or laptop or what ever directly into a port in the wall in any rooms. My question is, how do I connect my NBN/Gateway service into my wire LAN?

You can see in the photo below that the Gateway is connected to the NBN box (top right) and that there is a box with ethernet cable ports (bottom right). I'm guessing that I must somehow run a cable from the NBN box to one of the ethernet ports below or from the gateway to the ports. But which and how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: LAN by ethernet cable

I'm not an expert in NBN installations, but I believe you would run an ethernet cable from one of the ethernet ports on your T-Gateway into the socket that matches up with the room in question, via the sockets in the bottom-right of your photo.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

I'm not an expert in NBN installations, but I believe you would run an ethernet cable from one of the ethernet ports on your T-Gateway into the socket that matches up with the room in question, via the sockets in the bottom-right of your photo.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
DJRo
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Kalak. That worked perfectly.

Great! Thanks for getting back on CS to let me know.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more