CrowdSupport®
bungjet
Level 1: Cadet

Lead in help needed on a private pole

Hi we have just moved home and transferred our optus and telstra services. We paid the platinum fee to ensure we have no issues. Telstra came to install phone line and advised they can not connect as it is a private pole however the telstra technician can use the pole to install the cable internet.. Optus came and installed internet no problems. Foxtel installed ok as well as it is satellite. Today telstra came to connect the cable internet and the technician advised he can not do it as it is a private pole and we need to contact NBN to do the lead in. I contacted NBN they told me to talk to the service provider to get this underway. Question is as follows
1 - can i get a private company ie MR TELCO to connect the telstra cable that is already attached to the private pole, to the house via the conduit already in place with the string. (sorry if technical terms are missing but this is not my area of expertise.)
2- can MR TELCO also install the grey box on the outside wall of the house. (cables are already through out the house.)
3- will i then be able to just hook up the modem provided by Telstra and if not what else do i need to do
4- if this has to be done by NBN how do I organise this as they have redirected me to Telstra

5- how do i get connected to Telstra cable, been loyal for 20 plus years, paid to have a problem free reconnection and information been given has been different every time i see someone or speak to someone.

I spoke to Telstra move team on Friday as the person to hang our tv's as per the platinum package did not turn up and also to advise that the technicians cannot connect to the house due to the private pole. Still waiting for a call back by my case manager.

I contacted my case manager again to day to advise no connection due to private pole and waiting on a call back. I am a little annoyed as the premium service involved someone doing a site visit to ensure there would be no issues with connection.

look forward to your reply thanks Jane

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Lead in help needed on a private pole

Hi Jane,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your services connected, were you given a reference number for this order? If so I may be able to use that to follow up on this issue for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now