CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Magstar
Level 2: Rookie

Mac Mail can't verify my account name or password although they are both correct

Answered

I have a MacBook Pro and have always used the native Mail for my email. I'm running High Sierra. Three days ago I was unable to send email from one of my work accounts. I deleted the account and tried to add it again as a new account but I get an error message constantly telling me my account name and password cannot be verified. The information is definitely correct, and so are the settings. I can still get and send mail using webmail, and the account still works correctly on my iPad native Mail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Mac Mail can't verify my account name or password although they are both correct

Id recommend deleting the saved email address and password from the keychain and then trying to re-add the account
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Accepted Solution

Re: Mac Mail can't verify my account name or password although they are both correct

Id recommend deleting the saved email address and password from the keychain and then trying to re-add the account
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Magstar

Hi 343GuiltySpark, thanks for your suggestion. I have just done that and it didn't help. But thanks anyway!

Doe that email address come up multiple times in the key chain?

Magstar

Yes it did, I deleted them all. I also changed the password in my Telstra Mail account prior to doing it and I'm now attempting to add the email account back in using the new password (which has been accepted in Telstra Mail). Thanks again.
Magstar

Hey 343GuiltySpark, just double checked the keychain and I'd missed one. Now deleted, and I have been able to add the original email account back in. Many thanks for your help.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now