CrowdSupport®
tccack
Level 2: Rookie

Measuring NBN connection status

Answered

Hi all...

I am finding that now I've moved to NBN I have way more dropouts than with ADSL

Is there a report that can be generated from my account or hardware to show me what the connection status has been over a period of time or is there a small piece of software/that could monitor this???

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Measuring NBN connection status

The best software for monitoring your connection is ping plotter. Ping Plotter monitors the connection plotting the latency and percentage package loss. There is a 14 day free trial, after 14 days you can either buy a license or still use the software but with some of its features disabled.

There are also diagnostic tools in the modem for monitoring the connection There is the log viewer located at Advanced > Log viewer (Arcadyan modem) or Advanced > Diagnostics > Log viewer (Technicolor Modem). If you have an FTTN connect there is also the DSL Diagnostic stats located at Advanced > Diagnostics > xDSL.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
super11
Level 5: Eagle Eye

I am getting the same thing but I checked outages.telstra.com and I figured out the problem.

Mmm...hot dounut and pineapple
Accepted Solution

The best software for monitoring your connection is ping plotter. Ping Plotter monitors the connection plotting the latency and percentage package loss. There is a 14 day free trial, after 14 days you can either buy a license or still use the software but with some of its features disabled.

There are also diagnostic tools in the modem for monitoring the connection There is the log viewer located at Advanced > Log viewer (Arcadyan modem) or Advanced > Diagnostics > Log viewer (Technicolor Modem). If you have an FTTN connect there is also the DSL Diagnostic stats located at Advanced > Diagnostics > xDSL.

View solution in original post

tccack
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for the tips. I'll start with the modem log on the TG799vac and go from there.

Appreciate the reply.

Thanks

PlanE
Level 3: Gumshoe

Does the ping plotter etc work with adsl2, fixed wireless and satellite nbn?

As far as I know Ping plotter should work with any internet connection type. It definitely works with fixed wireless NBN and ADSL2.

PlanE
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks for that cf4 :-)

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now