I have just subscribed to Telstra Velocity, but in setting up my account Telstra has misspelt my user name. This led to a failure to connect. Now that the misspelling has been discovered, the Telstra solution is that I change my user name to the misspelt version. I did that to get the internet activated, which worked, but the Telstra person I was speaking with did not offer any option of correcting the misspelling.
He said that if I wanted my user name to be spelt correctly, I would have to cancel my new subscription and start a new connection with the correctly spelt user name.
How hard can it be for Telstra to correct a misspelling that they perpetrated in my new account? It is not as if they do not have my name in their records and they managed to spell it correctly in their email confirming my order for the Telstra Velocity account.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Was this helpful?
I'm three out of three now for what Telstra says that it has to do to correct the misspelling of my user name. Only one from three from Telstra regretting that it happened. I guess that is being focused on the solution, not the cause of the problem, if even thinking that it is a problem..
Anyway, Telstra has agreed to correct the error, but that requires disconnection of the service with the misspelt user name and reconnection with the correctly spelt user name. It is all supposed to happen on the one day, but it will not only disconnect my internet for the time required, but also disconnect my home phone line. My home phone managed to remain active during the original process of initiating the internet connection, so that is another head scratcher, but it should all happen next week.
The Telstra service person who has now taken charge of fixing this has been the most understanding of why I find it objectionable that my user name was misspelt. My thaks to her.