NeverEverEver
Level 1: Cadet

Moving to NBN enabled property disaster

Answered

This is a warning to ensure if you are moving house to put your order in at least 4-6 weeks before you move.

I recently moved to a new house on the 7th June, my old property was on cable for internet and Foxtel. I put in an move request on the 28th May. I was then emailed on the 29th May say the new property was NBN enable and to call a 1800 number. Due to work, I lost a few days and didn't call until the 5th June where I was put through to sales who put my order through..... If I had no choice but to go with NBN why wasn't the move request just processed without me having to call. Because the new house had foxtel, the NBN would use that line in and foxtel would have to come in via satellite. Ok fair enough. Rang again on the 7th June to be told the order had been cancelled internally as there was an error found in the order and I would be updated. I checked online and the move order said 'Cancelled on 20th June' wow, your wizards and can foresee the future. Rang again on the evening of the 8th June, spoke to a very helpful young man who again confirmed it had been cancelled and he credited me 25gb to my mobile to use as a modem in the interim AND his manager would be in touch. To this date (18th June) no manager has called me. Checked again online on the 16th May for a status, but there was nothing, no cancellation details or new order, so I rang once again to be told that the first order was in the final stages of cancellations and would I like to be put through to sales to raise another order..!! WHAT you didn't just raise a new order???? you need the customer to lead you by the nose. So I jumped onto the complaints page and the ombudsman with all these details. Got a call on the evening of 17th June, again confirming all the details of the order, the cancellation etc and then was told if I go to a Telstra shop and buy a mobile internet dongle and then send Telstra the receipt they would refund the cost and credit it with 25-50gb data to use in the interim, but was warned that the speeds would be notably slower. So I am the one calling you, I am the one running around buying dongles etc whilst I'm still paying for the services at my old property and then an $89 moving fee. Good god Telstra you own the lines and services yet it seems to take a degree in nuclear science to turn on a service. I work from home and rely on the internet and you are seemingly just a sales company not a service company. Why should I stay with you? So for anyone moving house, do so at least 6 weeks before you leave otherwise you'll be left in the 1990's

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kerryn20101
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: Moving to NBN enabled property disaster

@Jupiter wrote:

Just a point of fact. Telstra don't own the infrastructure any more (NBN Co does). Hence why it's not as straightforward anymore.

Well, without realizing what you said you said it all.

Telstra don't own the cable anymore NBN does. But Telstra is providing the service over the NBN owned cable.

So what Telstra ALWAYS does is blame NBN. (we don't own the cables). In this case Telstra is FULLY responsible for this debacle. It is Telstra that is selling the service. Its the service that is not provided. We as consumers cannot ask for a NBN connection. We ask Telstra for a connection and Telstra organize everything else. If Telstra can't organise their contractors or suppliers (NBN) it is NOT the contractors or suppliers fault and it certainly not ours (customers)

Telstra care so little about their customers, because I will bet you they have done analysis on the fault tolerance of their customers. They know about how long the customer will wait and rant & rave before they do something about it.

Proof is in this forum. Telstra has set up a system (crowd support) where their customers provide customer support. How cheap & cheeky is that?

Go straight to the ombudsman. Don't be put off by Telstra telling you they will do better.

Follow up your complaint to the ombudsman and I will bet it will be fixed within a day or 2. The ombudsman will always try to fob you off in the first instance and if they don't hear from you in 7 days they will close the complaint.

Nope not interested

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Just a point of fact. Telstra don't own the infrastructure any more (NBN Co does). Hence why it's not as straightforward anymore.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
kerryn20101
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

@Jupiter wrote:

Well, without realizing what you said you said it all.

Telstra don't own the cable anymore NBN does. But Telstra is providing the service over the NBN owned cable.

So what Telstra ALWAYS does is blame NBN. (we don't own the cables). In this case Telstra is FULLY responsible for this debacle. It is Telstra that is selling the service. Its the service that is not provided. We as consumers cannot ask for a NBN connection. We ask Telstra for a connection and Telstra organize everything else. If Telstra can't organise their contractors or suppliers (NBN) it is NOT the contractors or suppliers fault and it certainly not ours (customers)

Telstra care so little about their customers, because I will bet you they have done analysis on the fault tolerance of their customers. They know about how long the customer will wait and rant & rave before they do something about it.

Proof is in this forum. Telstra has set up a system (crowd support) where their customers provide customer support. How cheap & cheeky is that?

Go straight to the ombudsman. Don't be put off by Telstra telling you they will do better.

Follow up your complaint to the ombudsman and I will bet it will be fixed within a day or 2. The ombudsman will always try to fob you off in the first instance and if they don't hear from you in 7 days they will close the complaint.

Nope not interested

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now