Highlighted
joshcuboz
Level 2: Rookie

My Wifi network is not showing up on my laptop’s available connections

Hi all, 

I have been having this problem on and offfor the last couple of weeks.All the other devices I have are connecting to the network.i have tried restating the modern and uninstalled the network driver and still I don’t see my network on the list of available networks , very frustrating .Any ideas  anyone ?

thanks .

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: My Wifi network is not showing up on my laptop’s available connections

The laptop might not be seeing the WiFi SSID because it might only support the 2.4GHz WiFi band and the modem is not transmitting the 2.4GHz WiFi band. Do you know what WiFi band the other devices are connected to?

Another reason that the laptop is not seeing the WiFi SSID if it does support the 5GHz band is that it does not support the DFS channels. If this is the cause you could log into the modem and change the 5GHz channel to a non DFS channel. DFS channels 50-144

joshcuboz
Level 2: Rookie

Re: My Wifi network is not showing up on my laptop’s available connections

I'm not sure at all how I would do that .Nothing is connected to the 5g channel .

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now