Ozbone
Level 1: Cadet

NBN 0.2 mbs

Morning.
I was away for work and missed my bill. I arrived back on 19/02/2019.

20/02/2019 my service was restricted that morning which reminded me I had not paid it so I paid the bill ASAP 09:30am that same morning. The automated message said my service will be restored within 2 hours.

Checked my credit card and funds have withdrawn to cover this bill.

I caled Telstra around lunch time the same day and they restored my mobiles but said my nbn will be restored within 24 hours from 09:30am that morning.

29 hours later 21/02/2029 my service is still not restored so I called again. I was told again it will be restored within 24 hours from 09:30am 22/02/2019.

Now 49 hours later 22/02/2019 service still not restored so I called again. This time the guy says he has escalated it and could not give me a time when this will be restored.

Now I understand I missed my bill and was restricted plus will get a restriction fee. My fault I wear that. But why have a automated service telling customers there service will be restored within 2 hours, then have the rep on the phone tell me 24 hours, Then another rep 29 hours later tell me 24 hours again. Then another rep telling me he can not give me a timeframe. Is this normal for this type of issue.

Does anyone know how long this normally takes? Is there a timeframe where if this goes on to long I can legally walk away from the contract I have with them?

I called the telecommunication ombudsman and they filed a complaint for me due to them not being able to give me a timeframe. Not sure if this was the right process or not.

The Telstra call centres would have to be the most frustrating I have ever experienced. Are all telcos now like this. I would happily move providers to get away from this type of call centre and service.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN 0.2 mbs

It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to restore service. Sounds like something has gone wrong.

Are all the lights on your modem green? And can you log in to your modem's homepage and paste the Broadband Connection Stats here. It may give an indication of where the problem lies.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Ozbone

Hi Jupiter, thanks for replying.

Yes all the lights are on and I am getting 0.2 mbs speed. I have also restarted the modem. The Telstra guy I spoke to said he can also see this is restricted but can not get it to be lifted and escalated it. At this point of time I am in limbo with no time frame of getting this back and no call backs from Telstra. I am not sure who else I could talk to to try and get this resolved.

Would you think going into a Telstra shop might help? I can head into one tomorrow morning.
Highlighted
Ozbone

Ok so called them again tonight and it has been escalated and I have to wait 24 to 48 hours for someone to call me back. I recorded the call to Telstra and made them aware I was also recording the call and they stated that was fine. My purpose for this was to post it up on YouTube for everyone to have a listen to and see what we have to deal with. Maybe just maybe Someone at Telstra might listen to this and see for them selfs what we the customer have to deal with. I will post the link later if I can on here if not you will be able to find it on the whirlpool forums under the Telstra section.

Have a great night Australia
nickyv

I have been in the same situation now for a MONTH. I've spoken to every single department numerous times, going around in circles.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more