NeverEverEver
Level 1: Cadet

NBN - A word to the wise

If you are waiting for your NBN service to be setup or you have a modem and the service has been activated, here is some words of advice.... go elsewhere.

Today (August 23rd) is the 77th day i've been waiting for my NBN to be activated after moving house and need my service to be switched from cable to NBN. 3 cancelled orders due to an internal Telstra system issue, 1 wrong address put against another order and a case manager who sent the same email every two weeks saying "Our team is still working on your issue". I stayed because of convenience of having all my services with one provider.

Email TPG at 4:15pm today, and got an email at 9:00pm saying the service will be active in 2 business days and once the modem arrives to follow the setup instructions. 77 days to 2 days. Even the ombudsman couldn't help me with the Telstra issue as there is an 11 week wait for a case manager as they've had more than 21,000 complaints about telstra in the past 12 months. Shop elsewhere people, you will be surprised that there is companies that actually want your business.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Re: NBN - A word to the wise

Not the experience we expect you to have.

I am really sorry for any frustrating and inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

? Re: NBN - A word to the wise

You may have had problems, but my NBN changeover was managed by Telstra and done in a few days from go to whoa.

I recognize you've been unlucky. I have concerns as to the accuracy of 2 days from TPG. Sales agents from any / many companies on incentives ....will often make unrealistic statements to get an order

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
NeverEverEver
Level 1: Cadet

Re: ? Re: NBN - A word to the wise

To put your concerns to rest. The TPG modem arrived today and I'm connected to the NBN. The Telstra issue wasn't that they couldn't connect me to NBN. they couldn't bill me for the NBN as I was on a bundle which included Cable, Internet and Phone. This bundle couldn't be transferred with my move order so the underlying issue was; If they couldn't bill me, I couldn't have NBN. 

Support Team
Support Team

Re: ? Re: NBN - A word to the wise

Hi NeverEverEver, if you need to or select to change the type of technology at anytime, you will be required to change your plan as well. We have put together a range of new offers and these may be different from what you were previously on. There are a number of these new Bundles that include the NBN and Landline here https://tel.st/94x7q You would still be required to change bundles, but they would include the NBN. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now