CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

NBN/ Bigpond outage on NSW Central Coast.

Since the storms of Monday night 2nd April 2018 our NBN here in Erina 2250 keeps dropping in and out. I have turned the modem off for periods of time. Then restarted. Then within an few minutes it drops out and then come back again. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: NBN/ Bigpond outage on NSW Central Coast.

Id reconmend calling Telstras NBN team on 1800 834 273. There may be damage to the NBN infrastructure in you're area.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hey WnRn,

Were you able to get on to the NBN team on the number listed in 343GuiltySpark's post? 

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

yes am speaking to nbn tech support in India. 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Ok, let us know how you go WnRn.

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

The issue you describe occurs when Maintenace is being carried out like the one today 7th June 2018 to 12th June 2018,

It common where Telstra introduces new features or firmware to the modem or carrying out DHCP/ DNS/ Web server maintence, router and line fault tests as the modem detect slightest disconnection it will go into cycle and continue in that cycle until the issue is resolved.

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Another thing there on line test will always say its a computer issue I done over 100 tests using their online diagnostic only to discover the lies in Telstra and NBN co roll out schedule and maintence.

so do not bother Telstra online diagnostic check it is useless just like their new outage site does not tell you there is a plan maintence going on you have to use Servicestatus.telstra.com/servicestatus/goc.do?q=summary.html link to find out about the Telstra maintence for each month.

Service Status - Telstra- Telstra outage is the correct link to discovering when Telstra is carrying out maintence then you just type in the postcode for your area and it will list current, scheduled and completed maintence and repairs.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit