Peter318
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Broadband cuts out every day

Our NBN Broadband cuts out every day at around 9.30 am for around 1 hour. We have reported this so many times and had numerous technicians come and look at it but they cant fix it. The internet and phone goes off together. They have replaced every box multiple times. The technician can see its be disconnected but can not diagnose the problem. Every time we have reported the problem, Telstra will send around a technician. Every time we have asked that they come at 9.00 - 9.30am so they can see the actual fault, every time...without exception they turn up after 12.00pm. We have complained and complained, this has been going on for over 2 years and I am totally over it. 

Since NBN and Telstra are not able to fix this, how can I get ADSL reconnected?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES
Level 23: Superhero

Re: NBN Broadband cuts out every day

You can not go back to ADSL. What type of NBN connection do you have? (Fixed radio, FTTN/B/C, FTTP or HFC cable)

You can not go back to ADSL. What type of NBN connection do you have? (Fixed radio, FTTN/B/C, FTTP or HFC cable)

Peter318
Level 1: Cadet

Hi and thank you for the response.

We have FTTP. 

I suspect the issue is not in the equipment in our house as its all been replaced multiple times, it may be problem at the source. 

In any case there should be a way of logging the outages and investigating the cause.

I am thinking of changing to another supplier, we have mobiles, home phone and streaming through Telstra, we have been a loyal customer, but I am super tired of this issue. The only thing stopping me moving is that its probably an NBN issue, so changing supplier wont fix the problem. 

Can you offer any suggestions on how to get this fixed, I am not going to call the call centre again as I have spend hours dealing with them and I still have the same problem.

When internet cuts out do the lights on the Telstra modem or NBN box change there state?

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more