ph5
Level 2: Rookie

NBN Broadband speed

Hi,

I'm in Dudley Park (Mandurah) and my broadband speed has been dismal (under 15mps) for several days now. I have fibre to the property and have recently updated to the latest modem.

Speeds have always been erratic here, but recent days have been atrocious.

Any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: NBN Broadband speed

Are you running these tests over Wi-Fi and which speed test are you using?
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

ph5

Yes, I am on wifi. Speed using? No idea. I have recently, intermittently, been getting speeds over 45mb/ps.

Try turning band steering off on your modem in the Wi-Fi settings and run the test in the same room as the modem connected to the -5g Wi-Fi on your device
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

ph5

Hi and thanks for your help. I've simply re-booted the modem and my speed is back. As you can see from the image, I'm back nearing supersonic speed.

Why should I have to re-boot a modem and why does it improve my set-up?

s.PNG

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now