CrowdSupport®
MT17
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Connection Box

Answered

I currently have Telstra ADSL and now am ready to switch to NBN - Telstra have advised me that I have an HCF NBN connection to my premises.

I have had an external box installed by NBN, and am currently using a Telstra Smart Modem.

Telstra have advised me that I can switch to the NBN service online without any interruption to service, but I keep reading mention of an NBN Connection Box which I do not have.

Do I need this or not?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Connection Box

If you are getting HFC when you sign up for an NBN service, an NBN tech will attend your premise and install and NBN Cable modem (NTD) for your smart modem to connect to and use the NBN Service.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

If you are getting HFC when you sign up for an NBN service, an NBN tech will attend your premise and install and NBN Cable modem (NTD) for your smart modem to connect to and use the NBN Service.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

qld19
Level 3: Gumshoe

I have just been through this scenario with a HFC connection. As stated below, you need to phone NBN to book them to come to your place to make the connection. They came out within the week - tell you either a morning or afternoon gap, not a time. They will bring the NBN modem box with them. Telstra told us NBN would just install it, that we had to connect it, but our NBN guy was very helpful and connected everything up and making sure everything was working. It took about an hour before all was connected. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now