Highlighted
vnjotpzb
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Disconnection

Hi Telstra NBN support,

I've been experiencing NBN disconnections during the last one and half year. I used to be a Telstra cable customer and it's a HFC NBN at my home. 

Many times it was the NTD box sync issues, so the lights keep blinking to get stable signal to NBN. Restart the NTD box woundn't fix the issue most of times, so I have to wait (sometimes hours) until the four lights are solid green. Defintely the NBN infrastructure needs to be checked.

Sometimes the four lights on the NTD box were solid green but my router lost the public IP address on the WAN port. I also need to wait hours to regain the public IP. Refresh my WAN port or restart the router couldn't fix the problem. 

These disconnection issues happen every a few days and they are becoming more frequent recently. My work highly relies on the Internet so I need these problems to be fixed ASAP.

I'm using my personal router (pfSense) directly connecting the NTD box. The WAN seutp is to get public IP address through DHCP, which is same setup back to the Telstra cable period. I know some of the Telstra customers are using PPPoE to get public IP address. Please advise whehter I need to switch from DHCP to PPPoE.

Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: NBN Disconnection

Thanks vnjotpzb. Have you discussed this with our NBN Assurance team - 1800 834 273 - at all? 

If a tech is required, they'll be the ones to schedule the visit. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now