Highlighted
Shining
Level 1: Cadet

NBN FTTC Drop-out

Answered

I am into 4 hours of Install and I am experiencing drop-outs on internet connection. NBN modem has to be rebooted to get the connection back. DO NOT MOVE TO NBN until they send swat teams to your door. Telstra cable has been rock solid for 2 years. Is there way to go back ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN FTTC Drop-out

There is no way to go back. The old Fixed line Telephone and Internet sevices are disconnected after 18 months of NBN first being available in a area.
Do you have more than one phone socket? If you do have you tried plugging NBN modem into another socket and also make sure all other sockets have no devices plugged into them. If you had a back to base alarm system has it been disconnected?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN FTTC Drop-out

There is no way to go back. The old Fixed line Telephone and Internet sevices are disconnected after 18 months of NBN first being available in a area.
Do you have more than one phone socket? If you do have you tried plugging NBN modem into another socket and also make sure all other sockets have no devices plugged into them. If you had a back to base alarm system has it been disconnected?

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more