CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

NBN FTTN Premium Speed Boost not available for new contract even with existing Premium Service?

Just got off Chat with Telstra rep and then Supervisor. Although I am on the NBN Tier 100 and have been for two years with excellent speed (~90+ Mbs ... I am within 25 m of Node) they are saying they cannot offer me Premium Speed on a new contract due to stop orders on Premium for FTTN. Does this sound right?

Others will offer it and at less dollars but I really did not want to leave what has been (and remains) an excellent service but which is becoming comparatively expensive.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN FTTN Premium Speed Boost not available for new contract even with existing Premium Service?

This does not sound right. It is only for new FTTN connections that the premium speed is not available until after they have been connected and the speed of the connection has been measured to ensure  the connection is capable of the premium speed. As you have an existing connection you should be able to the new premium speed with the new contract.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: NBN FTTN Premium Speed Boost not available for new contract even with existing Premium Service?

I got told today that they doing system upgrades and do not sell premium speed packs at the moment. They even gave me $30 credit as I was waiting for it for like 1 week since I moved house. They say approx 10 days before hey can offer it again...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit