Barry1953
Level 2: Rookie

NBN FTTN phone and net dead after storm!

Called Telstra to lodge a dead line fault after storm and was informed after an hour of fault testing someone would call shortly before arriving to fix.

That was 6 days ago.

Discussing with neighbours they all had issues aswell. some or with Telstra, some Dodo and a few Optus people.

Case number is 163066021 if anyone can keep me updated on this please.

Havent heard anything from anyone.

I suspect a nbn>Telstra blame game is happening, but its hot as hell aswell which wouldnt be helping anything.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN FTTN phone and net dead after storm!

Ring Tech Support 1800 834 273 quote them the job number an ask for an update on what is being done to restore your service. If you are unsatisfied with what is being done you could lodge a complaint using the online complaint form.

https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/feedback-complaints.

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Sounds like it is purely an NBN Co problem if it is affecting people on other ISPs as well.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Barry1953

thanks gang, tried support (not that number) and cordless phone at my sons went flat waiting. Call back option really should be used.

The number you used was probably for level two support. They don't work weekends and only 8 to 5 week days.

Barry1953

Well the number i called was from a website and stated welcome to bigpond, where as the 1800 you gave said welcome to Telstra.

The number I gave you is for NBN

https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/faults-technical-support#--lightbox-nbn

Was the call answered?

Barry1953

Trying again now but i had to run to work yesterday.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi all,

What suburb are you located in which is being affected? If you'd like to check via our Service Status page: http://tel.st/6x6a, we list all updates to restoration times via our Service Status page, and more information on how to navigate our Service Status page, can be found here: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Community-Tips-Advice/How-to-use-the-Service-Status-Page/ba-p...

-Georgie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Barry1953

I did that Georgie and it ony said mobile info.

Its irrelevant now as someone at Telstra decided its not their problems and closed the case and not told anyone.

Brilliant company.

Barry1953

16 days without phone line all because the modem shat itself. FTTN technology at its finest.

Finally got new 1 and it all works now.

Nobody turned up to the house, a new modem just arrived out of the blue.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update Barry and glad to hear that the new modem was able to get your services working again. I do again apologise for any inconvenience that the delays in receiving this has caused and hope that this modem will not have the same issues. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Barry1953

Cheers Dan

Being everything else in the house survived the storm and the modem didnt im not hopeful it would survive again.

Just lucky i guess the pc didnt fry unlike my neighbours.

Would be intersting to see the stats of vdsl modems not surviving thunder storms.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now