CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
daroo
Level 2: Rookie

NBN Faults

Answered

I have NBN fixed wireless. Yesterday it was not working. I phoned 133933 and from there was put through to another number which played music for 30 minutes.

Overall the call lasted approx 45 minutes and in the end I hung up.

I have searched the Telstra site for a "Faults" number to ring for faults with NBN fixed wireless broadband.

There is nothing in any of the pamphlets I received.

Which number should I ring in future ?

Why is it not prominently displayed anywhere ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Faults

Try 1800 834 273 - Option 3 (1800 T FIBRE)

Found under Help & Support -> NBN (also on hte back page of the pink/purple booklet they should have given you)

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Accepted Solution

Try 1800 834 273 - Option 3 (1800 T FIBRE)

Found under Help & Support -> NBN (also on hte back page of the pink/purple booklet they should have given you)

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
woody1
Level 4: Private Eye

As my line was down I used my mobile to call this number. The call lasted for aprox one hour on my next bill I was charged $20. I challenged this and was given a refund . So beware this number may not be free.
ECASP1
Level 1: Cadet

We have had the fixed Wireless on for 3 weeks and the drop outs and lack of connectivity are unbelievable. I thought our ADSL line was bad now I'm wishing I had it back!

Numerous calls to support ( an oxymoron IMO) and no solution

Just advise to reset or repower the modem or NBN box  GRRR(which has being done numerous times)

The NBN box I think is not the problem as the status lights are always correct.

BTW the tower is on our property 100m away

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi ECASP1, 

If you don't think the issue is with the NBN box (WNTD), then try bypassing the modem for an extended period of time to see if the drop outs still occur.  If not it could be an issue with the modem.

Using an Ethernet cable connect a computer directly to the active UNI-D port on your NBN box (WNTD) .  If the drops stop then start by resetting the modem to it factory default settings. After reconnecting the modem to the WNTD, monitor to see if this resolves the issue.   If not, you will need to contact our NBN technical support team.

If the drops still occur when your computer is connected directly into the NBN box (WNTD), then it is a network issue and will need to be investigated further.  Please contact our NBN technical support team to report the fault. 

Our NBN technical support team can be contacted on 1800 834 273, opt 3.

- Ben 

NBN Basic Troubleshooting

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

shammo99
Level 3: Gumshoe

I have had 60 days in since december with no internet. 10 in middle was fine. New modems x 2. Telstra not pushing nbn to fix exchange. They fixed it remotely from my house oadt month and didn't document fix. Awesome.

Symptoms same.. Another login appeared on my modem.. Followed by disconnections and also i tried putting mine back in. Have a tone on phone but engaged when dial out.. Cameron park nsw.. Nbn-no broadband network.
PeterLT

My elderly mother in Bundaberg has only a land line and it is almost impossible to have a conversation due to the reverberation in her line since being connected to NBN. I spent over an hour on hold yesterday waiting to talk to some one and when I finally did took me another 30mts trying to explain to person at other end that I am 400klms away from her phone and my mother being 90years old cannot help them when they ring her.  Apart from getting in my car and driving up there is there anything that can be done or someone from TELSTRA call in and see if they can fix this problem. NBN- NOTHING BUT NUISANCE>

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@PeterLT

Sorry for the inconvenience your Mother is having with her NBN service.

If testing cannot be performed then a technician can be arranged to attend however there is a chance of a fee for service if it has something to do with internal connections / equipment.

Please contact our tech team on 1800 834 273 to discuss further.

- Justyn

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Perth26

I have this exact issue 90 days no internet, phone can dial out but when receiving calls is engaged signal
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Perth26

Welcome to CrowdSupport!

Have you completed any troubleshooting for this issue?

You can contact our nbn tech team on 1800 834 273 to run you through this and get a fault reported if needed.

- Justyn

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now