Highlighted
kolini
Level 2: Rookie

NBN Fixed Wireless Speed

Answered
The speed on my fixed wireless NBN connection dropped from over 11mpbs on 31October to less than 5mpbs on 1 November. After several calls to 1800 TFIBRE and a visit from a Telstra tech. I was told that it was a known problem. Last weekend I was told that a fix was in progress and if it worked, the solution would be progressively applied to all areas affected. As I am in an area with few complaints, the fix may take "some time". Has anyone has this problem fixed.?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Fixed Wireless Speed

I can verify that what you have been told is correct and is a known issue, unfortunately you'll just have to be patient, they only started rolling out the fixes last week.
Lathania

Accepted Solution

Some time over Wednesday night 4/5 December, speed was restored to that which it was 34 days ago, in excess of 11mpbs.

Thanks Telsta

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Accepted Solution

I can verify that what you have been told is correct and is a known issue, unfortunately you'll just have to be patient, they only started rolling out the fixes last week.
Lathania

Thank you for the confirmation that it is a known issue. The 1800  TFibre consultant I spoke to yesterday was not aware of the issue, and after numerous tests with ethernet cables and speedtest results has arranged for a Telstra technician to investigate next week. Would not listen that a tech had visited on 11 November and advised there was a "known issue",  as had other 1800 TFibre consultants. The expense of a tech's visit for no result helps to keep Telstra's costs high. Skymesh has fixed wireless connections in our small town achieving 24mbps. I might add that yesterday I spent 3 1/2 hours either listening to music from Telstra, talking to two consultants who dealt with reidential landlines, a consultant from NBNCo to whom I was transferred and finally to the gentleman who has booked the Tech to "investigate". Not a happy customer of Telstra.

kolini
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Some time over Wednesday night 4/5 December, speed was restored to that which it was 34 days ago, in excess of 11mpbs.

Thanks Telsta

May I ask why you're continuing to call support even though you're affected by a known issue that is in progress of being resolved by a remote fix? It's upsetting enough to have to go through what you described but there's no point in calling to be honest.
Lathania

To answer your question. I had another issue with the transfer to NBN, which took three weeks to fix, after being advised three times over that period that the problem would be resolved in 24-48 hours. My last call re the speed issue was to ask if the fix supposedly being tried 10 days before actually worked, because the consultant's words were "if it works". How long should one wait to follow up on any issue, known or not? This speed issue took 33 days to be fixed!, At least it is fixed now. Thank you for your replies.

As unfortunate as they are, your previous issues are irrelevant to how long it would take to get a product wide speed issue fixed.

I'm not surprised it took 33 days to get fixed considering it was apparently a widespread issue. Compare it to fixing a road or a bridge, even if you know that the problem is you can't just fix it over night these things take time.

Glad to hear your speed is fixed.
Lathania

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now