CrowdSupport®
Nicholaswh
Level 1: Cadet

NBN HFC Activation issues

Hi,

I recently signed up for NBN via Telstra's HFC network as a pre-existing Telstra Cable user. The NBN engineer visited site installed modem as said give in an hour and the service should be operational.

Now.. that was last week.. and there is no clear answer to when the service is going to be actived.

"Telstra connection manager" has confirmed that the probem is on the activation side of the NBN but we are in this endless feedback loop of - expecting update from NBN in 24, then it was 48 and now 72 hours.

How do Telstra go about exsculating this with the NBN? What are the SLAs around it?

Now after some reading on here and on whirlpool it seems that this is a common theme/problem and could be months before it is resolved.

Is there any way i can get any details from the NBN to validate where my activation is at? And when they are going supposidly going to activate the service?

Whats the process to get this esculated? How do I raise it with Telstra and or the TIO?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Ensifus
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Re: NBN HFC Activation issues

Here's the link to raise a complaint: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

I would recommend doing this before raising to TIO.
------

Having some issues? Click me to try and resolve them yourself.

I'm a Telstra Premium Services employee, but the views I express on this site are my own and do not reflect those of Telstra's.
Nicholaswh
Level 1: Cadet

Re: NBN HFC Activation issues

Thanks - I've spent the last two weeks following up with Testra, not one day did anyone from Telstra call me back.

I'm raising a complaint with Telstra and then the TIO.

This is a joke,

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now