CrowdSupport®
BryceW
Level 1: Cadet

NBN HFC Dropout 15-20 times a day

Answered
My NBN for my home drops out 15-20 times daily. This includes day and night but mostly at night. The online light on the smart modem goes white, then it’s down for 3-4 minutes, then comes back up. It is ruining our business as we are a printing company and have to speak with international clients via Skype constantly. I am at my wits end, spend 3 hours on the phone the other night to a ‘supervisor’ who just sent me a new modem. The modem isn’t the problem.. I put the old modem in the other day, same issue. I need a tech to the address but for some reason they refuse to send one. Do I join Optus?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN HFC Dropout 15-20 times a day

When a fault occurs NBN co insist that Telstra and other try another modem before they will send a Tech. Now that you have tried a second modem they should send a Tech as 15 drop outs a day is well over the maximum off 6 that NBN Co guarantees. If they don’t send a tech make a complaint using the online form or ringing 132200 and when asked state reason for call is complaint.
If you join Optus you might still have same problem as NBN Co is responsible for the NBN infrastructure for the NBN link.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN HFC Dropout 15-20 times a day

When a fault occurs NBN co insist that Telstra and other try another modem before they will send a Tech. Now that you have tried a second modem they should send a Tech as 15 drop outs a day is well over the maximum off 6 that NBN Co guarantees. If they don’t send a tech make a complaint using the online form or ringing 132200 and when asked state reason for call is complaint.
If you join Optus you might still have same problem as NBN Co is responsible for the NBN infrastructure for the NBN link.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now