CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
AA527
Level 2: Rookie

NBN HFC - Foxtel

Answered

Hi All,

I am newby to this forum, please try and help me!!!!, I am with Telstra Bigpond for over 25 years and I had Internet and foxtel over cable connection, Few days ago I moved to NBN -HFC with Telstra Bigpond. I got Telstra Infinity modem and I connect to NBN box (Black colour finch box with four indicating lights). Internet and Telephone line is working via WiFi setup. but i am not sure how to connect the foxtel box, but I left the box with the old coaxel cable witch I had previously with my old Bigpond set up. I want know How do i connect the Foxtel to new Telstra modem? Can i connect Foxtel to new modem? Do I have to keep the old cable with the Foxtel? I have two set top boxes in the house, one is IQ2 otherone is old Foxtel box.All your information and help appriciated.Smiley Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN HFC - Foxtel

Foxtel should still plug into your splitter or dedicated coax wall plate the same way it did beforehand

The only difference in your home between telstra HFC and NBN's is that NBN comes and plugs in their cable modem instead of using a telstra one, which you then plug your telstra gateway into

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Foxtel should still plug into your splitter or dedicated coax wall plate the same way it did beforehand

The only difference in your home between telstra HFC and NBN's is that NBN comes and plugs in their cable modem instead of using a telstra one, which you then plug your telstra gateway into

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
AA527
Level 2: Rookie

Yastiandrie, Thank you very much for your valuble time on your answer, I appriciate and wish contacted you before spending 1.30 hours on Telstra Tech help ( from Manila).

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now