CrowdSupport®
cehart01
Level 3: Gumshoe

NBN Joke

Is there any way to get in direct contact with the NBN

Dealing with Telstra Platinum Support has now gone beyond a joke, I can see why they don't charge you for the service,( used to pay a monthly fee)

Have had the NBN now for 3 weeks, and have had more issues with drop outs than I had with over 10 years of cable

Today it dropped out again, I rang Telstra Plat again and after they ran some diagnostics then identified the issue as a NBN line problem, a new one, there was no issue with the line last time I rang, anyways they booked a NBN technician to attend my house to attempt to rectify the issue for a few days time. No worries booked it in. Half an hour later I get a sms saying your issue has been resolved and if we do not hear from your within 24 hr your case will be closed. Fixed, how, one minute its a line issue and possible issue in the street, next minute its fixed, this is now got beyond a joke, thanks for letting me know that the appointment was cancelled instead of sending me some cryptic SMS

Is there a contact number for the NBN direct rather than dealing through Telstra.

After being with Telstra for over 10 years now I am seriously thinking of changing providers to some one that can understand the issues rather than reading through a diagnostics script

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN Joke

No, you cannot contact NBN Co directly (their rules, not Telstra's). Changing providers will not fix the problem as everybody has to work with the same system.  NBN Co is notorious for cancelling technician visits on the first (or second, and occasionally third) request.

All you can do is call 1800 834 273 and report the problem again. Telstra will need to monitor the line for a minimum of 24 hours before putting through a works request to NBN Co and then hopefully NBN Co will investigate.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
cehart01
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: NBN Joke

Ah yes, my fixed dropout issue resurfaced again, again I contacted telstra who have re booked the original appointment time, see if this becomes Groundhog Day

I suspected that changing providers may not resolve anything. For the first 7 days before the cable was cut off, the connection was flawless, then it just got worse with dropouts increasing in frequency and at random times

I don't think I'm the only one in this leaky boat

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now