CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

NBN - Please Help - Am I wasting my time

So quick story, NBN showed as ready to connect 12 months ago, but we did not have cable in our box. The cable is now installed (4 months ago) however we have to now wait to June 2020. My neighbours properties say ready to connect and there cable come from our telstra box. Nobody wants to talk to me and explain. All I get is an Infrastructure upgrade is needed. I have an NBN modem which shows with all lights green (i.e. connected). And wait I am only 6 kilometres from the CBD of Brisbane. So I currently use WiFi as I do not  cable broadband. Only draw back is 100gb limit. What do I do?? Do I want for 5G or a better plan from Telstra? 

Boyd Porter

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: NBN - Please Help - Am I wasting my time

The NBN issue might be best resolved by contacting them if you feel Telstra can't help you.

Yes, Telstra is disadvantaging itself by only advertising 100GB for non-business use.

I recently did read of another person who wrote to the Communications Minister, their local politician and Telstra CEO  and managed to get satisfaction with a slightly higher usage plan, but it wasn't unlimited.

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit