CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Service Connection issues

I have been experiencing issues with the NBN Service with no resolution from Telstra & after 3 calls in a last week and no call back I'm to the point of Telecommunications Ombudsmen.

Has anyone had similar experiences

Would appreciate some advice

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN Service Connection issues

Can't say if anybody has had the same issues as you glossed over the actual issue part.

Can you describe the problem (not the interaction with the Telstra Call Centre) in a bit of detail and we might be able to point you in the right direction to get it solved a bit quicker.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

NBN Service continually dropping out & losing connection including Netflix speed is terrible at the best of times,download speed of 4.07 & 0 upload speed last night.

Rarely get much better than a download speed 20.2  & upload speed of 3.94 but fluctuates frequently.

Highlighted

Assuming that you are on an FTTN connection, the dropouts will need to be monitored for 48 hours before Telstra can put in a request to NBN Co to get a technician to come out and check your line.

The fluctuation in speeds is probably caused by the same fault that is causing the dropouts.

FTTN has the same problem as ADSL in that the speeds are distance related. 20Mbps may be the maximum speed that your service supports.

Can you post your modem connection stats here (Actual and Maximum sync rates, Signal to Noise Ratios etc), and we can see what is happening.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thankyou for your response but unfortunately I'm far from knowledgeable where to find all of this ratio information.

I would appreciate some guidance.

Highlighted

http://192.168.0.1 > Advanced > Broadband > DSL stats Log in ID Gen 2 is admin/Telstra

Go to http://192.168.0.1

then the Advanced tab

then Broadband tab

then DSL Stats

Your login details for the modem should be username: admin password: Telstra 

The screen that you are looking for will look something like this:

frontier_DSL_Info.jpg

Highlighted

Thanks Jupiter will check this out when home from work 👍

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit