CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

NBN Smart 2 modem dropping out

Answered

hey all,

I have been on the NBN for a couple of months now and the speed is fantastic! getting over 90mbps download which is great. the trouble I have noticed recently is the broadband keeps dropping out (just for a minute or 2) and them comes back to life....

I thought this was to do with the signal so this week ordered and received a booster from Telstra. this doesnt seem to have fixed the issue.

I took a look at the log (but dont have a clue what i'm looking for) 

its attached- can you please give any help?

<edited for privacy>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Smart 2 modem dropping out

Can't see anything there that looks sinister, it finally got to send and receive on the TR069 lines. Suggest next time it happens, if you are present, to hop on the Log file to see what it was doing before and after restart. If it continues to irritate, you will need to contact Telstra so that they can remote diagnose the situation for you. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hi - your Arcadyan modem is trying to connect to the Telstra Auto Configuration Server for a regular check up in the TR069 lines but can't connect to a URL for some reason. It may have been been trying to heal itself by Resetting the modem or Factory Default Resetting. If it was doing updates, other entries would show this in the history not visible in the screenshot - latest firmware version is 0.10.05r and should be visible on the Home screen.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

hi, yeah - fireware version is 0.10.05r

added a few more images of the log file

<edited for privacy>

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can't see anything there that looks sinister, it finally got to send and receive on the TR069 lines. Suggest next time it happens, if you are present, to hop on the Log file to see what it was doing before and after restart. If it continues to irritate, you will need to contact Telstra so that they can remote diagnose the situation for you. 

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit