CrowdSupport®
Tarun1
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Static ip issue

I switched to Telstra for NBN, mainly to for better service and secondly for second IP, that is already in the plan and I have got the exact IP that is assigned in an email as well. However I am constantly getting different IP address, tried reboot several times but no luck.

Telstra will only troubleshoot why static ip is not assigned by their end if I pay for the premium service. 

There are so many other users complaining about the same thing. Telstra complaint is logged but so far no one has bothered. I think Telstra is trying to squeeze the extra dollar from customers for troubleshooting their own issues or from customers who don't understand.

No idea what to do.. I certainly don't want to pay "Premium" support as I believe that service setup is their responsibility, especially for things they need to sort on their side.

Can anyone suggest any option?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN Static ip issue

Is your order shown as complete. It some times takes several days for the static address to be assigned. If you use the services of a platinum Technician and the problem is found to be due a fault in Telstra equipment or incorrect settings on your connection the fee should be waived.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now