CrowdSupport®
Jordan26
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Sudden bandwidth issues

Yesterday we woke up to INSANELY slow internet, to the point where Google took at least 2 minutes to load. Many of our applications wouldn't load up and having two website pages open at once caused both of them to just never load.

We tried many things including moving the modem to another port, changing the phone line cable, restarting it several times. Leaving it off for a few hours and nothing worked. Today we've woke up with still the same issue.

Doing a speed test and we get the usual speeds we're used to 40mbs down and 20 up roughly but it's like our bandwidth is being capped.

We are paying extra for the fastest service and have never had an issue up until now. It's unbearable and unusable at this point. I would rather have no internet then this.

Devices connected to it are:

Two PC's Via ethernet

2 phones via Wifi

1 Ipad via Wifi

Plan is 

100 mbs speed boosted plan - the top tier one

Unlimited data

Things we've tried:

Turning it on and off again.

Restarting modem - leaving it off for hours.

Changing the phone line cable

Moving the modem to another phone line port

Restarting all our devices

Unplugging the ethernet connected devices

Please help Smiley Sad 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: NBN Sudden bandwidth issues

Hi Jordan26,

Thanks for getting in touch in regard to your broadband service. Definitely no good to hear of the troubles you're experiencing and understanding you have tried to do some troubleshooting, can I ask, have you checked for any known issues via our outages page? 

Also, given everything tried, it might be worth reporting the issue to our Tech Team; ADSL/Cable 133933 or NBN 1800834273. Teams are available 24x7.

Let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now