MrBiggles
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Transfer - wrong equivalent plan provided

Hi was just transferred from Cable to HFC NBN. My letter (can provide) from Telstra stated no changes in plan or bill on transfer.   My plan was elite Cable speed and has been for years.  Clearly this is not the case on transfer and have been put on a 50mbps instead of 100mbps.  Can I revert back to my standard cable until I'm forced disconnected? Preferably Telstra rectify as this is clearly not the equivalent plan and will have to consider alternatives.

thumbnail_IMG_20190910_222450.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20190912_121454.jpg

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: NBN Transfer - wrong equivalent plan provided

Hi MrBiggles,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Please contact our nbn Team on 1800 834 273 so this can be investigated for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

MrBiggles
Level 1: Cadet

Cheers DavoCB,

Called up number and spoke to faults.

Please provide positive feedback for Hema from the NBN Assurance team - Faults.  

Went through process and try to address what she could and given transfer still in progress found workaround to place case on to complaints so I can resolve ASAP.

Touch wood this can be resolved.

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

It's a simple fix. Once your transfer order has been completed, you will be able to request the activation of the speed boost to get you on to the 100/40 speed plan.

Telstra aren't allowed to place you on that at time of connection as they are required (courtesy of the ACCC) to verify that your connection is capable of achieving those service speeds prior to selling you that product.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now