CrowdSupport®
Dan0157
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Upper Coomera

So over Telstra and NBN Co  -  conection is so unstable each blame the other so no one does anything.  Don't know how to get resolved.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN Upper Coomera

What do you mean by unstable?  Is it dropping out completely? Speed issues? Problems with some sites but not others?

I assume that you are in one of the new estates that are on FTTP in that area.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dan0157

It was dropping out completely.  At worst 12 times in half hour.  This week only twice so far.  Speed is hopeless.  Cable was far superior.  We pay the extra for fast speed which is a bit of a have.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Dan0157 - I would suggest that you contact our Tech Support team on 1800 834 273 and request that they apply a stability profile to your service, if one hasn't already been added. If the problem continues after the stability profile is added, we will be able to escalate this to NBN Co to investigate the network further. 

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Dan0157

Thanks for your reply Shelly, however 3 times Telstra had NBN Co organised with an appointment and three times NBN Co cancelled.  They are defintiely not the most customer service oriented organisation. After media reports of the last few days regarding the numbers of complaint being raised with the ombudsman and my own experience it is dissapointing news to hear as it obviously shows a lack of interest in management at NBN Co.  At present we seem to be more stable as I phoned Telsta again last week when I was having issues and after going through some things with the fellow I had on the phone who was most helpful I believe he isolated the problem to the NBN box and this appears to have been fixed remotely as I have been farily stable ever since.  I have been a Telstra customer all my life and go back to the Telecom Australia days when I had my first phone and if there was reasonably priced mobile internet avaialble I would be ditching the whole NBN experience.  it is most disappointing.

Dan

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

NBN Co require that we perform specific actions before they send a technician to investigate their network. In regards to an unstable network, this would be to make sure a stability profile is enabled and proof that the modem has been replaced. 

If you continue to have any issues with your service, please contact us on 1800 834 273 so that we can assist you further.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now