CrowdSupport®
Franganistan
Level 2: Rookie

NBN availability..

After many problems got NBN working on 30 Dec.  Check e-mail via Outlook.  No mail.  Don't think much of it being holiday season.  Then notice no mail is being downloaded.  Check webmail and I have mail in inbox.  Changed nothing on mail client.  Only change has been transferring to NBN.  Re-did Gmail settings - no joy.

I know the modem works OK on websites.  Also used it with DSL connection until NBN activated.

Anyone else had this problem?  Any suggestions on how to fix.

CD

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: NBN availability..

Hrmm, that is strange CD. If you were with BigPond for ADSL then there shouldn't be any difference for NBN in regards to 3rd party email accounts.

Can you take a look through this link and double-check your settings? https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/1668960

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Franganistan
Level 2: Rookie

Shelly,

Thanks.  I did find the answer to this problem.

There was delay in getting the NBN working after I had received the new modem.  When it was clear that a delay in getting the NBN working was occuring, and to use the Wi-Fi features,  I plugged the ADSL line into the modem and used it.

To get it to work I had to put my Bigpond username and password into the PPPoE settings in the modem.  Worked fine for Bigpond and GMail.

Once the NBN was working, and the ADSL line had been disconnected, the modem would find my Bigpond mail OK but not the GMail.  Solution was to fully reset the modem to its default condition.  This changed the PPPoE username to newdsluser@bigpond.com and another password (I do not know what the password is as it was never advised to me - maybe I never need to know!).

Hopefully my little tale is of some use to others in the future.

CD

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the update! 

Make sure that you mark this as solved as it may help someone else with a similar issue.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now