CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

NBN changes mean I can't connect Sonos or Daikin AC controller

Answered

Hi, 

I had NBN installed a few months ago and all my apps were working fine, but a change occured in the new year and now I can't connect my Sonos or my Daikin Airbase (A/c remote controller) anymore.  They are lost. No matter what I try, neither can find my home WiFi network.  I've done every re-set and re-boot imaginable and I always get the to the final point of installation where it says to choose your network and mine never appears.  My WiFi works fine on all other devices (iPhone 11, iPad and Surface Pro) but just doesn't work to connect wirelessly with Sonos or Daikin, though it did at one time. Can anyone help?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN changes mean I can't connect Sonos or Daikin AC controller

That image indicates that the modem is only transmitting on 5 GHz which is the reason your Sonos and AC don't see the modems WiFi. If the modem was transmitting on 2.4 GHz you would see its SSID at the top of one of the network graphs.

Log into the modem http://192.168.0.1 (Password is Telstra) and check that 2.4 GHz WiFi is enabled. See image below. If its enabled then modem is faulty and you should lodge a fault with Telstra.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

There was a recent firmware update on the Technicolor Gen 2 Smart Modem (DJA0231) that had bug in it that disabled 2.4 GHz WiFi. If you have a Gen2 modem suggest you check firmware version which is on LHS of the log in page. Faulty firmware is 18.1.c.443-950-RA. If you have the faulty firmware contact support for a replacement modem.

You can also check if 2.4 GHz is faulty by disabling band steering in the modem's 2.4 GHz WiFi settings. This will add -5G to the 5GHz WiFi SSID. If your other WiFi loose there connection then the 2.4 GHz WiFi is faulty. You can connect your other devices to the modem by opening the WiFi setting on them and connecting to the normal SSID with-5G added.

Highlighted

I'm sorry that despite my MBA and other quals, I can't figure out how to do what you are suggesting. Is LHS 'left hand side' and on what login page?  

Highlighted

If you have a Gen 2 Smart modem open a Web browser on your Surface Pro and go to http://192.168.0.1. The modem's log in page is displayed and on the Left Hand Side of the page is the firmware number.

Highlighted

Thank you!  I don't appear to have the faulty one: 

Serial No
CP1924SAXXX
Firmware Number
18.1.c.0443-950-RB
Modem Make Model
Technicolor DJA0231

Also I can see 5G is added to the SSID so that doesn't seem to the problem either.  Any other suggestions? Appreciate your advice!  
Highlighted

Can you see the normal modem's SSID with out the -5G in the list of available WiFi networks?

Highlighted

No, where would I see that?  

Highlighted

This is what I see: 

SSID: Telstra39C15D
Protocol: Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
Security type: WPA2-Personal
Network band: 5 GHz
Network channel: 153
IPv6 address: 2001:8003:3414:d200:6ce9:9912:6f24:325b
Link-local IPv6 address: fe80::6ce9:9912:6f24:325b%11
IPv6 DNS servers: 2001:8003:3414:d200::1
IPv4 address: 192.168.0.153
IPv4 DNS servers: 192.168.0.1
DNS suffix search list: modem
Manufacturer: Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.
Description: Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller
Driver version: 15.68.17015.112
Physical address (MAC): 70-BC-10-7B-3C-12

Highlighted

There is a free WiFi Analyser app ny Matt Hafner in the Windows app store. The app shows all the nearby networks to your PC. Suggest you install the app, open the app, go to the Analyse page and scan the 2.4 GHz WiFi band as shown in image below. Taping on the bottom left icon switches bands. If your modem's SSID is not displayed then the 2.4 GHz WiFi on modem is faulty.

Highlighted

Thanks. My modem is displayed at 2.4GHz toggle (I've circled it in red) below. Not sure what to do now!  

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

That image indicates that the modem is only transmitting on 5 GHz which is the reason your Sonos and AC don't see the modems WiFi. If the modem was transmitting on 2.4 GHz you would see its SSID at the top of one of the network graphs.

Log into the modem http://192.168.0.1 (Password is Telstra) and check that 2.4 GHz WiFi is enabled. See image below. If its enabled then modem is faulty and you should lodge a fault with Telstra.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi c4f, 

You are a genius!  I logged in as instructed and it says it is enabled.  So the modem is faulty!  Thank you so much - you have saved me hours on the phone or live chat with Telstra.  I will put in a request for a new modem. 

Thank you again. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit