CrowdSupport®
Level 21: Augmented

NBN coming

Who do i need to talk to about the NBN installation?

The pit has been dug and from what i can gather i will be about 10-20 meters from the node (physically at least).

the current adsl connection is attached to the granny flat, NOT the main house. im wondering if this will cause issues as part of the nbn installation which i believe is to be FTTN.

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: NBN coming

You'll need to call 1800 834 273 - Option 3/"Check order" to speak with Telstra's NBN case management team.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @cretsiah

When the nbn network rollout reaches your area, nbn will let you know which technology will service your area.

We're unable to provide dates as to when the roll out will occur in an area as we do not own the network

NBN Co will advise all retail service providers just prior to when nbn is available in an area so that no service provider has an unfair advantage over the others

You can check when nbn will be available in your area here

You can find all our current NBN plans & check what's currently available at your address here

If available or you would like to discuss options suitable for your address, I'd recommend calling our sales team directly on 1800 993 728 between 8am-9pm AEST or call the number that 343GuiltySpark suggested. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

@343GuiltySpark and @ShannonD

Thanks for that, but the cables as far as i know havent been layed yet, only the pits been dug.

according to the NBN website Jan - March 2019 is availability time and its FTTN.

i assume by the FTTN that they wont actually be doing anything to property specifically, because of "the last mile" remaining copper!

If the primary connection is to the granny flat, that's where your service will go to. Shouldn't cause issues unless you being in the Primary house want to rent out the granny flat to someone who wants a different internet connection. That's were it gets complicated with NBN providing more than one connection to the same address (unless you have FTTP)
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Yeh this "Shouldn't cause issues unless you being in the Primary house want to rent out the granny flat to someone who wants a different internet connection" is what im worried about in the longer term.. however the granny flat is not ours to rent out (aka temporary permanent), when/if my son moves out or becomes an invalid user of this granny flat, Housing Commission come and take it away for some else to use.

I personally havent dealt with a situation like that. The owner of the property may need to do some form of subdivision so that you get 1a abc street and 1b abc street, so that there are two unique addresses for NBN to service or pay to change to fttp with the option of 4 unique internet services. The only way i can think of finding out the answer would be when the process is started to get two services at one address. Others may know more.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now