CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN congestion - dealing with Overseas call centre for 4 weeks - Officer 3809

I have had an issue with NBN congestion for 1 month. Speeds of 3 Mbs during the evening (I have standard plus speed which is meant to be 40Mb/s) I am getting 40mb/s during the day 8 - 5pm.

I have dealt with Overseas call centres everyday for the past 1 month, been bounced between different overseas departments, been escalated at least 8 times. With nil result.

Been told it a fault, its not a fault, it is a fault it's not a fault!
Your overseas call centre made an appointment with NBN Co to attend my house , I took a day off work at a loss of $700+ they didn't turn up.

You have admitted its a NBN congestion issue. You need to purchase more bandwidth from NBN Co.

Group managing director of networks, Mike Wright. Has stated that you increase bandwidth Weekly. Was told by call centre that it is quarterly. See the article below for reference.

https://www.itnews.com.au/…/telstra-reviews-its-nbn-cvc-con…

I need to speak with an Australian office. Call centre has admitted that it is outside there scope of what they can do.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: NBN congestion - dealing with Overseas call centre for 4 weeks - Officer 3809

CVC is generally updated on a weekly basis. Unfortunately there isnt much control any ISP can have over an NBN tech if they dont turn up. You're best off raising a complaint at this stage. There is a link below in my signature to raise a complaint
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN congestion - dealing with Overseas call centre for 4 weeks - Officer 3809

What type of connection do you have? If its coaxial or Fixed radio were several customers share the same bandwidth it could be a lack of physical bandwidth in the link which can only be fixed by NBN upgrading there infrastructure.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for your reply. I have raised a complaint with Telstra and the TIO 3 weeks ago.
All I seem to be doing is speaking with the same overseas call centre person.
It’s now been another 2 days and no phone call back as promised....
The last call centre person said they only increased Cvc quarterly which I find hard to believe

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit