PAD1
Level 1: Cadet

NBN effect on security camera App

I've just been connected to the NBN (HCF) but now I can't see my security cameras on my phone (iDMSS). New modem (Telstra smart modem) for connection. Any advice on how to fix this problem ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN effect on security camera App

Did the camera's require port forwarding as this will need to be re-done on the new modem.

Also the IP address may need to be updated in the camera app if it has changed. If you moved from Telstra Cable to HFC you may also need a static IP or a dynamic DNS service (Third Party) as the IP address you had is no longer 'sticky'

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Re: NBN effect on security camera App

Which version of the smart modem do you have and what is the model of the camera? There are two versions of the gen 2 smart modem. The one without side air holes (Arcadyan LH1000) does not support NAT loopback which might be cause of the problem.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now