CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
maxt
Level 4: Private Eye

NBN fibre to Node SLOW

Answered

My plan is Connect Plus, at 9.92pm 4/4/18 checked speed and got 5.6 download and 7 upload, now thats slower than ASDL, not happy with that result, so much for our new technology.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
maxt
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN fibre to Node SLOW

Hi 343GuiltySpark
More to add , appears this could be normal at times, just checked again and speed was 26.1 download and 7.0 upload. So will keep an eye on it and see what eventuates, thanks for your input and help
Regards Maxt

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 22: Superhuman

Please post your modem stats:
On a Premium Home Network Gateway, T-Gateway, Gateway Max, or Gateway Max 2
(TG587, TG797, TG799, TG800):
http://10.0.0.138/ > Advanced > Broadband

On a Telstra Gateway
(Sagemcom F@st 5355):
http://10.0.0.138/ > Advanced > Gateway Settings > Device Info > General > xDSL (Bottom of Page)

On a Frontier Gateway
(DJN2130):
http://192.168.0.1/ > Advanced > Broadband

Default password is generally 'admin'
You're looking for line rates, power levels, attenuation etc

Are the tests being run over Ethernet or WiFi?
Are they being run during peak times (3PM-12AM)?
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

maxt

Modem is a Gateway Frontier, and speed is the same on both Ethernet and WIFI, speed at about 3.30pm today was around 25mbps and still at 6.5 at moment. Couldnt find the stats.

Okay, what troubleshooting have you tried?
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Bonnie6228
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks again
John bonnie smith
maxt

None, speed now up to 12 , perhaps this is normal, slows as too many users online (school holidays)
Did get an email from Telstra on 28 March, stating that they are not giving me the full benefits of the standard evening speed and the upload was stated as 17.4. and suggested to call them if I wanted to discuss alternatives. I did expect the speed would be higher, but due to the use of copper and 25 year old connections. will probably have to put up with it until a better system arrives. If the speed was 25+ would have been better than 6 or 7 we used to get.
regards
maxt
Accepted Solution

Hi 343GuiltySpark
More to add , appears this could be normal at times, just checked again and speed was 26.1 download and 7.0 upload. So will keep an eye on it and see what eventuates, thanks for your input and help
Regards Maxt
Bonnie6228
Level 1: Cadet

I love you
John bonnie smith

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now