Highlighted
Joanie58
Level 2: Rookie

NBN installed, Internet working, but home phone NOT working.

Answered

I have installed the NBN Gateway, as per instructions and ALL 3 lights on the top are green, i.e. "LINK, ONLINE, PHONE" and the INTERNET is WORKING, but, my SwissVoice DECT Cordless Handset is not making calls out or able to take a call if someone rings. Was done today, Monday 24th July, 2017. 

Any suggestions on what I can do? Thanks for any help you can give.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joanie58
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN installed, Internet working, but home phone NOT working.

YES, thank you I did, AND this morning I removed the battery from the handset and reset the my home phone, and now it works, don't know if that was the FIX, as I only received an email from Telstra today to say the changeover to NBN was successful, so maybe there is a delay with the phone connection side of things on the Telstra end (or maybe it was taking out the battery inside the phone). Not sure. But, thanks very much for your reply.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Have you connected the base Swiss Voice DECT handset to the green phone port on the gateway? Does the phone light on the gateway turn blue at start of incoming call?

Joanie58
Accepted Solution

YES, thank you I did, AND this morning I removed the battery from the handset and reset the my home phone, and now it works, don't know if that was the FIX, as I only received an email from Telstra today to say the changeover to NBN was successful, so maybe there is a delay with the phone connection side of things on the Telstra end (or maybe it was taking out the battery inside the phone). Not sure. But, thanks very much for your reply.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now