you2
Level 2: Rookie

NBN installed but does not work and Telstra say my order is not processed

Last Friday, 24 Aug, after an issue were my NBN order got lost at Telstra an NBN guy came and connected my Telstra hybrid modem to the NBN. He left and said it would take 30 mins for changes before it would work. It still does not work. I called Telstra support so many times and the first time they were helping me then all of a sudden they are saying I don't have the NBN and my order was stuck. They have now sent me emails telling me they are sending me a new modem and booked a new date, 5th sept, for an NBN person to come and connect it. I have tried and tried to explain that I already have a modem and the NBN guy has been but nobody will listen and nobody will get it working. I am going to end up with two modems and probably two bills. Anyone know how to contact somebody who can work out this mess. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
you2

Re: NBN installed but does not work and Telstra say my order is not processed

More on this I can see in the modem by going to 192.168.0.1/gateway that I do in fact have a VDSL2 connection at 131MB and it is UP however it does not give me an IP address
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

If your NBN connection is FTTC you will need a NBN modem and also a Telstra Modem. If the modem looks like the one on this web page then you have a FTTC NBN connection.
https://www.nbnco.com.au/residential/learn/network-technology/fibre-to-the-curb-explained-fttc.html
you2

I have FTTN. The modem is plugged into the old telephone socket. It is connected via VDSL2. I am only 100 metres from a sub node. Which could be the issue. The NBN guy said they had me connecting to a node 2ks away instead of the one outside my neighbor's house so he changed which node I connect to.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi there @you2

Sorry to read that there has been a bit of a mix up regarding your nbn connection with us, I trust we will be able to find a solution however.

I spoke to someone in a similar situation yesterday, and it turned out that they had 2 different accounts set up without their knowledge.

Do you have any reference numbers relating to your first and second orders for nbn?

A typical order reference number will begin with 1-1.

Let me know if you have any and I may be able to look into this for you.

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

you2

Yes I just got off a 1hour 53 min call and that is exactly what has happened I have two accounts and I did not know I had the 2nd account. Trouble is everytime they try to fix my connection they can only see 1 account also so they tell me that my order is not processed when actually it is I am sitting here looking at the modem that the NBN guy installed on Friday. It has a link light and can connect to VDSL2 but cant connect to DHCP and get an IP address. Also a second modem just arrived which is going to be installed on 5th sept so I am going to have 2 NBN connections because of this. There is no way I am cancelling the 2nd visit on the 5th of Sept because I have no faith that Telstra will get my 1st connection working. Although I am considering cancelling the lot as our mobiles have 1 month left and moving everything to TPG because you guys are hopeless I have spend 6.466667 hours on the phone since Friday on the phone to Telstra. I now have a customer complain number SR1-1652784945042

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Actually I think I spoke to you on Twitter yesterday, this is the exact same situation and you have used the same terminology.

Did you speak to a Will on Twitter yesterday?

If we couldn't make any progress with your situation upon your next contact, I was going to ask you to have a complaint raised.

While I am sorry to see that your situation has come to this, I am happy you have already had the next step taken.

A complaints manager will take a few business days while they prepare and do some research to fix your situation, however I am confident they will be able to get you a resolution regarding this.

Please keep us in the loop if we can do anything for you.

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

you2

So after being told that my case manager would call me. I had not heard from them so I called today to find that my complaint has been closed and they were never going to call me back. Apparently, it never got to a case manager as it was assigned to a subject matter expert or something. So my complaint goes into the queue and still the NBN does not work. You guys are a complete joke.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now