RayQLD
Level 1: Cadet

NBN maintenance when is it too much

Ok since i have been on NBN i am getting about 3 days a month of outages for maintenance.

I would sort of expect maybe 3 days per year not 3 days per month, so a potential down time for me of 10%

for a service that is supposed to be 99.999999% uptime this is not good.

While it is NBN co that is having the outage my contract is with Telstra , why should i have to put up with this, FYI prior to NB taking over i was lucky to see one outage a year for maintenance and maybe 2 service for faults (usually car accidents taking out cables or a lightning strike) 

what are th thought on this and should telstra be getting on their case for excessive downtime?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN maintenance when is it too much

No service offers 99.999999% uptime.

Maintenance outages shouldn't affect your service for more than a few minutes at a time.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
belmore_utd
Level 1: Cadet

Re: NBN maintenance when is it too much

Atleast 1 planned maintenance period every month where I am. Had 2 in the last 5 days both being out from 7 a.m till 7 p.m and 4 total for the last 5 weeks. So much for NBNs supposed main purpose to make it possible for internet reliable businesses to exist. In fact they are killing them off where I am. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now