CrowdSupport®
Gillianch97
Level 1: Cadet

NBN not connected over a month after purchasing plan?

So basically as the title said, on November 17th i purchased an NBN plan for my apartment which has a FTTP box already installed (however its the first time it would have been used as I am the first tenant in said apartment). So my expected connection date was on 19th of November however over the course of the last month, I've been told that I'm in the provisioning stage and I will be connected on the 27th of december (which didn't happen). The online chat support has tried to run me through troubleshooting a million times to no success. I have no idea what's going on with my internet and apparently neither does telstra support as its been me and them running in circles constantly for weeks. Another note, my 4g backup internet stopped working after 2 weeks of usage so now I'm burning through my data like its a firestarter. Any advice?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 23: Superhero

Re: NBN not connected over a month after purchasing plan?

You can consider lodging a complaint 

Below is a link to your options 

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Redgumtv
Level 4: Private Eye

Supply and demand. When it comes to NBN Telstra are no different to any other of the many suppliers. It's only the Telco service that differs and in your case it seems their service is lacking. Have you thought of trying one of the other ISP's? Make sure you have an open plan so that you can switch when the service is lacking.

Old Wizard.
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

What are the lights on your NBN NTD doing? Have you tried plugging your modem into D2, D3 or D4 to make sure that NBN Co haven't provisioned a port other than D1?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit