CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Helpless3
Level 2: Rookie

NBN slows down

Answered

With my old ADSL 2 I had down load speeds of between 14 and 17 mbs. Now, with the wonderful NBN I am getting speeds of 4mbs in the evening to 21mbs occasionally during the day - total CRAP.

What can be done about it? Do I find another provider?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN slows down

Narara looks to feed into the Gosford POI which is confirmed to be getting CVC upgrades on the 27th

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Ring up and put in a complaint, otherwise they don't know that they need to order more CVC for your node.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Juggernaut1977
Level 3: Gumshoe

Yep im on 100/40 .i can get speeds of 95mbps from AM but from 12.00 pm on it's running at 7mbps it's garbage  

Helpless3

I rang Telstra this morning and after the usual 1 hour of too loud music (?) was put through to a tech. He did some checking and said thet NBN were aware of it and were already fixing it - should be complete by 27 Sept 2016 - but I will not hold my breath!

the next round of CVC upgrades are happening on the 27th so the tech was probably right. If you want a second opinion though post or PM me your suburb and i'll see if I can dig anything up tomorrow

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

Helpless3

My suburb is Narara 2250 on the central coast.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Narara looks to feed into the Gosford POI which is confirmed to be getting CVC upgrades on the 27th

View solution in original post

Helpless3

Many Thanks for the information, Thanks for the help.

Juggernaut1977
Level 3: Gumshoe

I rang Telstra yesterday they did some test .couldn't find why it's slowing down .so they said they are sending me the New Telstra Gateway Max 2 .hell yeah i'm happy with that . 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit