CrowdSupport®
BN75
Level 1: Cadet

NBN speeds are terrible! Slower than adsl

Hi there... I’m getting download speeds of >100 on my current adsl plan. Do I have to move to a nbn plan? NBN speeds are slower, even the premium speed is only 80!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN speeds are terrible! Slower than adsl

You must be on cable as maximum speed of ADSL is 28 Mbps and most ADSL connections are less than 10 Mbps.

80 Mbps is the guaranteed minimum premium speed during peak periods. Some connections get close to 100 Mbps.

You have to move to NBN within 18 months of it first becoming available. If you don't transfer you will be disconnected. This is Government policy.

Support Team
Support Team

Re: NBN speeds are terrible! Slower than adsl

Hey BN75, thank you for your post.

The nbn™ network is replacing the old phone and broadband network, and services will be progressively disconnected from the old network after the nbn network is rolled out across Australia. To continue having a fixed home phone and broadband service, you’ll need to switch to phone and broadband services on the nbn network.

In most cases, you have 18 months to switch, from the date when nbn co declares your area is ‘ready for service’. To find out if you can get the services on the nbn network now, enter your address on our rollout map here https://tel.st/lxcfe.

Thank you.
- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now