SB41
Level 1: Cadet

NBN via HFC , Arcadyan modem - websites work after reset, then become unavailable

We've recently signed up to Telstra NBN over HFC using the Arcadyan modem. Previosuly on Telstra cable broadband. Since switching to NBN I find that certain websites (eg. abc.net au,, www.bom.gov.au, www.cnn.com, www.azure.net) are not available. If I reset the modem, these sites become accessible, but then, anytime from 20mins to 48hrs after resetting, they cannot be accessed anymore. 

These problems did not occur prior to being on NBN, and I'm certain its not a LAN issue in my premise, because when it works, everything is fine.

Any solutions to avoid having to reset my modem several times a day?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY
Support Team
Support Team

Re: NBN via HFC , Arcadyan modem - websites work after reset, then become unavailable

Hey SB41,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues with being able to access these websites without a reset being completed to the modem and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused Smiley Sad I would recommend having the NBN Assurance team contacted so this modem can be tested further and see if it may be faulty or if there is a setting that can be altered to have this work at all times. This team can be reached 24/7 on 1800834273 - IVR > saying “faults” when prompted.

Let us know how you go. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more