MTMconfused
Level 1: Cadet

NBN wants to install HFC lead in - but I already have Telstra lead in

Hi all,

In short, I already have functional Telstra HFC (aerial), new lead in less than 12 months old;  NBN has identified me for a HFC lead in installation.  Has anyone had this experience and how do I get them to leave my house/land alone (and have NBN work when I eventually am forced to convert).

What I understand has happened:

* I demolished and rebuilt a house

* At some point during this, NBN surveyed the area and identified that the non-house needed a HFC lead in.

* I ordered and had new Telstra Cable HFC installed.  There is a lead-in, box on the inside of the garage and a cable inside the house where I connect my modem).

* NBN sent me the letter saying they would come and install lead in and box outside the house.

* I called them and told them I already had Telstra HFC.  They still want to come and verify this on the ground.  I have been given the option to "defer" until NBN plans are ready for order and to arrange this via my new retailer?

Should I just tell them to defer and not worry about it for ~2 years or can/will something go wrong and how can I mitigate that?

Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: NBN wants to install HFC lead in - but I already have Telstra lead in

If you have a working hfc connection, someone will just come out, tick a box and leave. Id personally get it sorted sooner rather than later.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now