In short, I already have functional Telstra HFC (aerial), new lead in less than 12 months old; NBN has identified me for a HFC lead in installation. Has anyone had this experience and how do I get them to leave my house/land alone (and have NBN work when I eventually am forced to convert).
What I understand has happened:
* I demolished and rebuilt a house
* At some point during this, NBN surveyed the area and identified that the non-house needed a HFC lead in.
* I ordered and had new Telstra Cable HFC installed. There is a lead-in, box on the inside of the garage and a cable inside the house where I connect my modem).
* NBN sent me the letter saying they would come and install lead in and box outside the house.
* I called them and told them I already had Telstra HFC. They still want to come and verify this on the ground. I have been given the option to "defer" until NBN plans are ready for order and to arrange this via my new retailer?
Should I just tell them to defer and not worry about it for ~2 years or can/will something go wrong and how can I mitigate that?
Was this helpful?
Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved