MTMconfused
Level 1: Cadet

NBN wants to install HFC lead in - but I already have Telstra lead in

Hi all,

In short, I already have functional Telstra HFC (aerial), new lead in less than 12 months old;  NBN has identified me for a HFC lead in installation.  Has anyone had this experience and how do I get them to leave my house/land alone (and have NBN work when I eventually am forced to convert).

What I understand has happened:

* I demolished and rebuilt a house

* At some point during this, NBN surveyed the area and identified that the non-house needed a HFC lead in.

* I ordered and had new Telstra Cable HFC installed.  There is a lead-in, box on the inside of the garage and a cable inside the house where I connect my modem).

* NBN sent me the letter saying they would come and install lead in and box outside the house.

* I called them and told them I already had Telstra HFC.  They still want to come and verify this on the ground.  I have been given the option to "defer" until NBN plans are ready for order and to arrange this via my new retailer?

Should I just tell them to defer and not worry about it for ~2 years or can/will something go wrong and how can I mitigate that?

Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: NBN wants to install HFC lead in - but I already have Telstra lead in

If you have a working hfc connection, someone will just come out, tick a box and leave. Id personally get it sorted sooner rather than later.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more