Anthony_Reeve
Level 1: Cadet

NBN was connected but telstra systems failed so no internet or phone since 24/12

Hi all I have been given the right royal run around by the overseas teams (both Connection Management and Complaints Team), ever since I was sent an email requesting further information from a Telstra Connections manager at 7pm on the 24th of December.

My NBN internet access was disconnected that same night and has still not been restored as of 3/1/19.

I have been given 6 different resolution times that all wizz past with no action occurring until I call back again.

Until last night the Modem was reporting a Public IP address and I could Dial out  (I can even see charges for my home phone yet it is supposed to be unlimited calls on the NBN bundle).  But now No IP address no Sync light on NBN Connection device (FTTC Connection), and no phone either in or out (inward Phone has not worked since internet / phone was transferred over to NBN on the 21st of December, even though internet did until the disconnection by telstra on the 24th)

I keep requesting to be transferred to an Australian team member or the advanced care team as previous crowd support cases have suggested with no joy.

I have an open Telstra Complaint that as of 8:30 tomorrow morning (4/1) will have been open for 1 week with no Complaint Manager assigned as yet.

Is there ANYBODY in Telstra, in Australia, that can be contacted via email or Phone to work on this issue as I have no Faith in the continued lack of action (Complaints team), changing story (Connections Team) and time frames from the both of the overseas teams.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: NBN was connected but telstra systems failed so no internet or phone since 24/12

Can you please post your complaints SR 1-1 number
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN was connected but telstra systems failed so no internet or phone since 24/12

In the complaints team's defence, it can take 5 business days for a complaint to be responded to. Due to the timing of your complaint (weekends and public holiday), that would be 8:30am on the 7th January.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Anthony_Reeve

Sr 1-1852557013453 is the number of the complaint. Jupiter if they had told me 5 days I would have accepted it but I was told repeatedly 24-48 hrs and a complaint manager would be in contact. It is one of approximately 7 time frames I have been given during this saga that are supposedly Telstra procedure that are never met and I am never contacted.
Support Team
Support Team

Sorry for the wait Anthony_Reeve. There is a 5 business day time frame as this was a fault it can take a bit longer sorry. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Anthony_Reeve

Hi Iain,

How is a Telstra app failure a FAULT ??

It is also now over a week since the COMPLAINT was lodged, it is now 11 days with no phone and no internet and no new order can still be added as the APP is still failed.

For a MAJOR Australian company to have clients that are told to keep waiting even though 6 previous time frames have gone past is not very good.  

The overseas call centre even went as far to say that there are no Telstra staff in Australia apart from Sales.......

It is so bad that today at the end of the 8th day since the complaint was raised I was told that there are no Complaint Managers available and this it will be another 3-5 Days before the complaint is even looked at.....

For NBN faults, Telstra sends a request off to NBN co for an NBN tech to attend and investigate. Its not uncommon for NBN techs to not show up and it can take several faults being raised for a tech to actually attend. This is something that affects all ISP's and is something that is being worked on between NBN co and ISP's
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:
Anthony_Reeve

Hi guilty spark

Appreciate the response but it is not factual

The nbn connection for internet worked for 4 days before Telstra disconnected it

The nbn technician that was booked did appear in the time that was booked on the 21st of December. The issue is the inability of Telstra to restore internet and phone since being disconnected by Telstra on the 24th because an application failed to process the phone part of the order.
OldManS

Since you've been stuffed around unacceptably by Telstra, raise a complaint with the Telecommunications Ombudsman, and let them chase it up. There's no point in keeping a dog and barking yourself.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more