Missy_84
Level 1: Cadet

NBN won’t connect

Telstra have sent me a NBN connection kit, a letter to say I can connect to the NBN and have also sent a large number of text messages telling me to switch to the NBN. I connect the NBN gateway modem tonight, the online light stays blue. I call Telstra only to find out I’m still on the copper network and actually can’t connect to the NBN. Why would Telstra do all this if it’s not possible to connect. Has anyone else had this issue? I’m not impressed.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN won’t connect

When I was connected to NBN I was told to connect modem as soon as I received it although still on ADSL. Telstra does this as the server detects the new modem and they know you are ready to connect to NBN. In my case it worked with no problems as the new NBN capable modem also works on ADSL. The new modem automatically switched to NBN  mode when transferred to NBN.  In most cases the modem gets updated with your details from server but in other cases you have to do it manually.

Have you tried logging into the new. Modem going to Broadband and replacing newdsluser@bigpond.com with your bigpond user ID (example@bigpnd.com) and password.

Missy_84

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I tried doing that and it’s still not working. I’m going to have to call Telstra again.

What type of connection do you have? The above explanation works on a FTTN/B connection. If you have FTTC (You were sent two modem a NBN modem and a Telstra modem) the NBN modem can't be connected until transferred to NBN. Connect DSL port of Telstra modem directly to phone socket.
Highlighted
Missy_84

We have FTTN, I was sent one modem. It said to connect it to wall socket through the adsl filter. The online light was still blue when I left this morning.
Thank you for your help with this as it’s so frustrating.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more