CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Bluenage
Level 2: Rookie

NBN

Answered

Hello

Recently I had to purchase a new modem/router, given I knew the NBN was coming I purchased a D-Link AC1900 Viper, which is NBN ready.

http://www.dlink.com.au/home-solutions/dsl-2900al-viper-dual-band-ac1900-modem-router

When the NBN connection is ready (approx 2 weeks) can i use my dlink device instead of the Telstra Gateway.  If yes, is the setup the same as when I configured for ADSL2 please.  Secondly can my dlink device run VOIP for the home phone?

Bluenage

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bluenage
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN

Ok and thank you both very much for such a prompt and clear answer to my questions

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being

If you are getting FTTN, only the T-Gateway is supported for FTTN services, due to the authentication process other modems tend not to work and due to the way Telstra provide their voice services on NBN it will only work on the T-Gateway as well.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Bluenage

Ok

How does the Telstra gateway compare to the performance of the dlink product, regarding wifi coverage and the number of devices that can be connected to the gateway please?

That router is not VDSL capable. It will not work on FTTN or FTTB NBN connections.

TBH based on specs it is superior to a gateway max

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Bluenage
Accepted Solution

Ok and thank you both very much for such a prompt and clear answer to my questions

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now