CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Noeltess
Level 2: Rookie

NBN

Answered

My contract will end on 05 Dec 18 and my connection details stated on my account is showing Standard Speed - ADSL2+.

But my internet connection is NBN tier 25. I have been calling the costumer support so many times to fix the issue but still it hasn't been fixed. I thought your new standard is tier 50 but i am still on tier 25?

this has been very frustrating and I'm thinking of just finishing my contract when it ends in December and just move to another provider. 

<removed for your privacy>

Regards,

Noel Gonzales

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN

Okay, you're definitely on the 25/5 tier, however your line is capable of 50/20. Youd need to speak with billing/sales to have the plan changed. I think you can also puchase the speedboost from your Telstra my account.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4

Please post your modem stats so we can have a look and see whats going on:
On a Premium Home Network Gateway, T-Gateway, Gateway Max, or Gateway Max 2
(TG587, TG797, TG799, TG800):
http://10.0.0.138/ > Advanced > Broadband

On a Telstra Gateway
(Sagemcom F@st 5355):
http://10.0.0.138/ > Advanced > Gateway Settings > Device Info > General > xDSL (Bottom of Page)

On a Frontier Gateway or Smart Modem
(DJN2130 & DJA0230 ):
http://192.168.0.1/ > Advanced > Broadband

Default password is generally 'admin'
You're looking for line rates, power levels, attenuation etc

Are the tests being run over Ethernet or WiFi?
Are they being run during peak times (3PM-12AM)?
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Hi Noel,

It is advisable to not post your personal details on a public forum.

The standard on current plans is 50Mbps for plans over $80 per month. They were going through and applying the higher speed to eligible plans, but depending on the connection, not every NBN connection can support higher speeds with FTTN and or Fixed Wireless.

As this is a public forum, no one here has the ability to see your account so aren't able to look into what is going on for you. If MyAccount is showing wrong it would possibly suggest maybe the order to convert the ADSL to NBN hasn't completed for some reason... Only the accounts team could fix that, but if you are considering changing providers it might be best to speak to 132200 and say "disconnect" between 8:30am and 9pm AEST and speak to that team. They will be able to look into both issues for you.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Noeltess
Level 2: Rookie

xDSL

Status UP
Connection Time 02h07m18s
Link Status UP
Standard VDSL2 (G_993_2_ANNEX_ B)
Line Encoding DMT
Link encapsulation ATM (G_992_3_ANNEX_ K_ATM)
Downstream Upstream
Actual Rate [Kbps] 28000 6400
Maximum Rate [Kbps] 66470 26622
Noise Margin [dB] 18.10 18.90
Attenuation [dB] 20.60 0.00
Power [dBm] 7.60 4.20
Accepted Solution

Okay, you're definitely on the 25/5 tier, however your line is capable of 50/20. Youd need to speak with billing/sales to have the plan changed. I think you can also puchase the speedboost from your Telstra my account.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now