CrowdSupport®
saint4
Level 1: Cadet

NBN

Answered

Hi,

About three months ago I signed up for a home nbn account with Telstra. They duly sent me the modem which I have attached. The problem is that the nbn part doesn't seem to have been turned on.

Yesterday I tried working through a chat room with Telstra "experts" and after spending and hour and being re-directed four times, ended up back with the department I started with at which time I was phoned by a guy whose accent was so thick I had no idea what he was saying. I'm not sure he understood me either.

Although I have their modem and a SIM or wireless connection which is now very, very slow I don't have any documentation other than a welcome email which has an order number but one that apparently isn't part of their system.

Does anyone have a work around or a contact at Telstra who can help me with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN

Youll need to call 1800 834 273 to speak to Telatras NBN team
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Youll need to call 1800 834 273 to speak to Telatras NBN team
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

View solution in original post

saint4

Thanks...I'll give it a try.....but my thought is to return their modem, as they don't seem to know I have it, and order a new service....perhaps from Optus or TPG
BL19

Do you know when everyone will have to upgrade to nbn
Mago

I called this number and it was a total waste of time. NBN were to show up at my home to connect my NBN on 6th of November, and we (my family) waited as per instructions from 1pm to 5pm, as somebody over 18 years old had to be in the premises, and NO show. I called the 1800 834 273 and they just kept passing me on to somebody else, none who were NBN, and basically told me that it was out of Telstra's hand and it was NBN at fault. They have now given me another date, though on my Telstra internet page the old 6th of November date remains, and it even says that I am connected to NBN? 'Your nbn™ broadband should be up and running now. You can troubleshoot any issues here, or call us on 1800 834 273 and follow the Check Order prompt. We’re available from 7am to 9pm AEST..' WHAT A LOAD OF BS. Can only wait now until the 13th to see if NBN turn up, I do not have my fingers crossed.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Mago. 

I'm terribly sorry to hear your appointment was not attended and then had so much trouble trying to get another re-booked. This certainly would be super frustrating. 

You have done the right thing by getting back in touch with our nbn support team to re arrange another appointment. When an appointment is not attended this usually means that they got stuck on another job that took longer than expected and were unable to make their remaining appointments but they should have contacted you to let you know and arrange a new appointment. I know this is not much consolation but hopefully we will not let you down a second time. 

Please let us know how you go having your new appointment attended.

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

sn0tty
Level 3: Gumshoe

I have had 2 appointments on me cancelled, the first was cancelled by a message sent to the phone, the second appointment they just did not bother to show up, or let me know.

It does appear that my contract with telstra will be up in 2 months so will have to see what else is out there, if they cannot resolve this issuse

From what I am reading in these forums there is such is a lack of responsibility from telstra providing the service they promote in their adds, and campaigns they have to win over customers
Support Team
Support Team

Hi sn0tty, 

That's certainly disappointing to hear that you have had 2 missed appointments. Certainly wouldn't be instilling much faith in us I agree. 

Did you get in contact with our nbn team on 1800 834 273 of on live chat http://tel.st/36efc to advise them that your appointment was not attended and re-arrange a new time?

Regards - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

sn0tty

Yes I did ring that number and this is the response I received.

Went through all the prompts to get to the one I needed,

was answered by a a nice guy,

he asked for relevant information, which I gave, then proceeded with the issue at hand,

he responded with I have the wrong department, 

I was put on hold for 5 minutes,

the phone clicked and I was sent back to the beginning of the phone call, like I had never spoken to anyone.

I hung up.

Sent in a complaint to the TIO about the entire situation with telstras poor service and their inability to get the initial problem sorted.

I will have to go into a telstra shop itself I guess so I can speak directly to someone so they so they cannot run away from me, but I feel all they will do is palm it off and tell me to ring that number.

With my contract almost up I will be rethinking resigning with telstra for nbn and all mobile phones if this is not resolved

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks sn0tty. 

That's not great to hear. I apologise for the poor service experience and that you have had to contact a 3rd party to get this resolved. 

If you would like to raise a Telstra complaint, you can do online here http://tel.st/q3m7f. Once you have raised a complaint through the online form, you will get a complaint case reference number beginning with 'SR 1-'. We will assign you a complaint case manager who will be in contact with you within 2-5 business days. They will then work with you one on one until this problem is fully resolved. When you submit the form, you will get a reference number, if you can provide that to me I will note it here so that we can follow up on your behalf if required.

This will also be the first thing that the TIO asks you upon raising a TIO complaint so it's a good idea to get a head start and our complaints team are very good, they will hopefully be able to get this resolved for you. 

Just so you are aware, when you raise a TIO complaint, the TIO then has 10 business days to liaise with Telstra about your complaint at which time they will then be in contact with you to advise of their initial findings and advise you of what the next steps are and what that entails. 

Please keep us updated and we will assist where possible but at this point any questions or updates you have need to be directed to the TIO as part of their open complaint process. If you need to update your complaint details with the TIO you can do this online here http://tel.st/s7ewb and you can also see the TIO complaint process summary here http://tel.st/87aep

Regards – Tom

sn0tty

Hi Tom
Here is the requested ref number
SR 1-1764346274990.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @sn0tty

Cheers for that. 

If you haven't heard back by Thursday evening, please let us know and we can follow up further for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

sn0tty

Well it continues,

I receive a phone call today about this issue, we arrange a service tech to come and after I hang up 20 min later it is cancelled.

I start having the drop outs again and I ring yet again to telstra to talk to someone.

After now spending quite a lot of time on the phone, this person understands the issue, says they have escalated it, even had to pull the nbn box off the wall to give them the serial number.

They inform me that he has all the information and I have a problem and we book another time for a tech to come out.

He even tells me that I should not get a cancellation due to the issues I have described.

Not even 5 minutes off the phone I receive yet another message, 

your nbn is fine we do not need to send out a technician.

Now this is becoming a joke, I explain and explain as to why, they agree, yet I am dismissed.

And then the entire process is started again.

There is an issue, how can nbn say there is not when they have not been here to say there isn't

I am guessing the TIO will have to sort this out, as I am not getting anywhere with any one at telstra

sn0tty

I had a service tech come to the house, he looks at it, rings some guys, they discuss some stuff while running some speed tests, when he is finished he states I have an issue and the NBN people should be out to fix it when i make an appointment, which I do.

I make the time, they fail to show up, and never inform me.

I speak to telstra and get told everything is fine.

So I guess now telstra do not even listen to their own tech guys.

Why now have I lost 8 hrs of wages waiting for telstra for them to not show up or message to let me know.

ping.png

Why does telstra keep giving me the run around, and passing it off as if there is no issue at hand.

Theres a snap shot of the issue at hand, not bad for paying for a 50mbs download speed.

And telstra says there is no issue.

Cloud-newbie
Level 2: Rookie

No Internet Mill Park Vic. 3082. Paying money for no Service, this is the same as doggy practice. At least a free iphone ^8 as refund for everyone a Christmas gift.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Cloud-newbie,

The issue impacting some nbn and DOT services in Tasmania and Victoria has been resolved. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

- Tim

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Lito01

Don't worry on getting connected, my problem is worst. I always thw NBN connection and when I called the technical support they will just send a technician after 24 hours or more. Telstra got the worst service provider. That thick accent lady get me on hold for almost an hour for nothing and told me that the best they can do is send a technician the next day.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now